Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Introduction

I am female, late 20s, in the middle of a relatively amicable divorce, and living in a major New England city. I am college educated, politically liberal, kinky by nature and promiscuous by choice.

In this blog, I write about my sexual experiences since my husband moved out. I tried to be in love and I tried to be monogamous, and now I'm trying something different.

I use condoms every time and get tested (including full pelvic exam) at least every six months. I disclose this to my potential partners, and also that I see other people, and ask them about their status before any sexual contact.

That being said: my behavior is still risky and I do not promote others engage in the same behavior unless they are fully aware of the potential consequences. Condoms are not fail-safe and don't adquately protect against some things (like Herpes or HPV) anyway. People can lie about their status and/or when was the last time they were tested; the only way to really make sure is to insist on seeing the paperwork from the doctor showing the date of testing and the results - but who carries that around in their back pocket? I am an informed adult who makes a conscious choice, and so are my partners.

The names of my partners have been changed because they don't know I'm talking about them on the web. All persons mentioned are over eighteen years-old.

"Am I gay? Am I straight? And then I realized, I'm just slutty. Where's my parade?"
- Margaret Cho

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home